The Enoch Seminar Newsletter (edited by Jason von Ehrenkrook) provides every month announcements about the most important events and activities of the Enoch Seminar. The Newsletter is distributed to a large email list of international specialists and published online on Facebook and on the Enoch Seminar website. If you would like to receive the Enoch Seminar Newsletter by email, please contact editor Jason von Ehrenkrook at <Jason.VonEhrenkrook@umb.edu>.
Forthcoming events [updated April 2017]:
- The Eight Nangeroni Meeting (“New Perspectives and Contexts in the Study of Islamic Origins”) will be held in Florence, Italy at the Demidoff Country Resort from Mon 12 to Fri 16 June 2017. On Wed Jun 14 (morning) we will be hosted at the Jewish Synagogue of Florence. In the afternoon there are two free events: the COREIS (Islamic Community) has invited us to a panel on “Women in Judaism, Christianity and Islam” and the Catholic Faculty of Theology is organizing a lecture on “Contemporary Perspectives and Challenges of the Jewish-Christian-Muslim Tralogue”. Organizers: Guillaume Dye, Jason Zurawski, Gabriele Boccaccini..
- The Ninth Enoch Seminar (“From tôrāh to Torah: Variegated Notions of Torah from the First Temple Period to Late Antiquity”) will be held in Camaldoli, Italy from Sun 18 to Fri 23 June 2017. On Wednesday afternoon we will visit the ancient library of the Camaldoli Hermitage. On Thursday, Mauro Perani will offer a lecture on the earliest manuscript of the Torah, recently rediscovered at the Bologna Library. Organizers: William Schniedewind, Jason Zurawski, Gabriele Boccaccini.
- The First Enoch Colloquium (“The Sense(s) of History: Ancient Apocalypses and Their Temporalities”) will be held in Cambridge, MA at Harvard University on Thu 14 and Fri 15 2017, followed by a final panel at the SBL Meeting and by the Sixth Enoch Seminar Reception at the SBL. Organizers: Giovanni Bazzana, Lorenzo DiTommaso, Joshua Scott.
- The Ninth Nangeroni Meeting on the Maccabees will be held in Milan, Italy at Villa Gazzada on June 10-15, 2018. Organizer: Andrea M. Berlin.
- The Tenth Nangeroni Meeting (“Questions of Gender in Second Temple Judaism”) will be held in Rome on June 17-21, 2018. Organizers: Kathy Ehrensperger, Shayna Sheinfeld, Joshua Scott.
- The Seventh Enoch Graduate Seminar will be held in Lausanne, Switzerland on July 26-29, 2018. Organizers: David Hamidovic, Rodney Caruthers.
- The 2nd Enoch Colloquium (“Heavenly Journeys in Jewish and Christian Apocalyptic Literature”) will be held at Helsinski immediately after the International SBL (organizer: Lorenzo DiTommaso, David Hamidovic)
- The 3rd Enoch Colloquium on (“The Problem of Evil and Sin in Paul & Jewish Apocalypticism”) and the Seventh Enoch Seminar Reception at the SBL (Denver, November 2018).
The 11th Nangeroni Meeting on Early Islam will be held in Naples and Procida in collaboration with the Universita’ Orientale di Napoli.
The 1oth Enoch Seminar on ?? will be held in Munich, Germany ??
The 12th Nangeroni Meeting on “Gnosticism and Enochism” will be held in Rome (?) (James McGrath, chair)
- “Second Temple Jewish Paideia in Context” (BZNW 228; De Gruyter), eds. Jason M. Zurawski, Gabriele Boccaccini. (forthcoming: July 2017)
- “The Early Enoch Tradition and the Synoptic Gospels” (T&T Clark), eds. Loren Stuckenbruck, Jim Charlesworth, Gabriele Boccaccini.
- Paul Reception volume (T&T Clark), ed. Isaac Oliver.
- John the Jew, ed. Benjamin Reynolds, Deborah Forger.
- Papers from the 2015 Enoch Seminar (ed. Lorenzo DiTommaso)
- We are finalizing the affiliation of the Enoch Seminar to the SBL.
- We are forming a more structured Board of Advisors.